jueves, 21 de octubre de 2010

Siestas, Fiestas and Three Day Weekends

Happy Thursday!

I've just gotten from school, ate lunch and am now settling in my room to make some lesson plans during siesta. I am already taking full advantage of siesta since I get up for work at 6:15 and the kids in the dorm are up running around and yelling late into the night. Everything closes between 2:00 and 5:00, so I generally take some time to rest and catch up on some American tv. Today I have to make my first lesson plans for the students that live in the residence. I'm making some Halloween themed activities so it should be fun.

Also, since it's Thursday, my weekend has begun. This week was my first full week of work, and it flew by. I am starting to really enjoy my time at school, and the days go by quickly. There are a lot of weekends that are even longer though. Two weeks ago we had Friday-Tuesday off, for Dia de la Hispanidad, during which the Spaniards celebrate Colombus finding the Americas. It was the day after our Columbus Day, and even better because we got 2 days off instead of one! Next weekend we also have en extra day to celebrate Dia de Todos los Santos. We also have a whole week off in December right before Christmas, so I will travel for a week, come back to work for a week and then head home for Christmas. Not bad at all...

And becuase it's Thursday there's all sorts of parties. Here, Thursday is the biggest night to go out because so many students leave over the weekend. Everyone goes out till 4 or 5 am, and then goes to class in the morning. Luckily, I don't have to worry about work on Fridays!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario